April 26, 2011 Comments Off on
Director of Education, Eastern European Mission. Darryl serves as liaison with short-term mission organizations and is working very closely with Character International to train teachers in Ukraine to teach character in their public schools.
Other responsibilities include:
-Presentations for EEM
-Leading a team of reviewers to evaluate books submitted to EEM for publication
-Writing and editing
-Assists in Marketing and Development
January 2014 – June 2017
Vice President, Eastern European Mission and Youth Camp Program Director. Recruited and trained American teams to build relationships, distribute Bibles and Bible literature, and teach character traits and values to children in the former Communist Youth Camps in Ukraine. His work included program coordination and administration, international travel, recruitment, volunteer training, interpreter training, cross-cultural communication and negotiations, curriculum development, and development of training materials. Assisted in marketing and development.
August 2009 – December 2013
Director of EEM Youth Camp Program. Recruited and trained American teams for work in the former Communist Youth Camps of Ukraine. (See above).
Independent trainer and curriculum writer. Contracted with Strategic Government Resources, a training company for municipalities as a trainer. Contracted with Eastern European Mission from 2008-2009 to write curriculum. Continues to write EEM’s curriculum as part of his salaried position.
Preaching Minister, Gilmer-Baldridge Church of Christ. Responsibilities included: preaching, teaching, counseling, hospital visitation, and leading task forces. Developed, organized, and implemented small group ministry on Sunday evenings. Implemented Chaplain ministry for the Ennis Police Department. Organized and administrated Emergency Shelters. Organized and administrated clothing collection for local shelters during Hurricane Katrina.
Prior to 1996
Served as a professional youth minister for 18 years in Arkansas and Tennessee. Congregations varied in attendance size from 250 to 550. Last youth ministry was with Washington Street Church of Christ in Fayetteville, TN (July 1990-September 1996).
M. A. – Lipscomb University
B. A. – American Christian Bible College
A.S.L. – White’s Ferry Road School of Biblical Studies
Kilgore College (no degree) majored in Theatre
Training and Certification
– Responding to Schools Following A Crisis (Texas DPS Victim Services)
– Basic Intensive Training: Choice Theory & Reality Therapy
– Red Cross Shelter Operations Management
– Critical Incident Stress Management: Advanced Debriefing
– Critical Incident Stress Management: Group Debriefing
– Critical Incident Stress Management: Individual & Peer Support
– Basic Certification Police Chaplaincy (ICPC)
– Certification for Victim Chaplaincy
– Mentoring Group under Lynn Anderson
Other Services and Activities
Storyteller and performer both in secular and church settings throughout the South. Conducted storytelling seminars for Harding University, The Center For Christian Education (Irving, Texas), and Motlow Community College (Tullahoma, Tennessee). Volunteers as a storyteller for local schools and area libraries.
Volunteered with Dallas Area Crisis Response Team. This is a Debriefing Team offering services to EMTs, Fire Departments, Police Departments, and Hospitals in the event of a critical incident (multi-fatality accidents, police shooting, line-of-duty deaths, or child fatalities). The team services the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex and is recognized by the Texas Department of Health Office of Emergency Preparedness. Darryl was an active member and participant from 2003-2009.
Together with his wife served as “shepherding couple” for Youth WAVE Austin, an intensive evangelistic camp for teenagers. Responsibilities included overseeing setup of “Prayer Room” and being available to youth ministers and their wives for counsel and spiritual direction.
Wrote study guide for Lynn Anderson’s If I Really Believe Why Do I Have All These Doubts. The guide was previously published on Lynn’s Hope Network website.
Writes and edits Youth Camp Curriculum for Eastern European Mission. The curriculum is designed for use by teams working with the Ukrainain Pioneer Youth Camps from 2009-present and by private Latvian camps from 2010-present. Materials are published in English, Russian, Ukrainian, and Latvian.
Writes poetry. You can find his poetry on his poetry blog and in print and online journals. Darryl’s poems appear in journals such as Apropos Literary Journal, Askew Literary Journal, Caper Literary Journal, Deep South Magazine, Milk Sugar Review, Tuck Magazine,and Vox Poetica, and in various publications on Medium.
Characteristics and Strengths:
- Positivity – People strong in the Positivity theme have an enthusiasm that is contagious. They are upbeat and can get others excited about what they are going to do.
- Connectedness – People strong in the Connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason.
- Strategic –The ability to sort through the clutter and find the best route. This perspective allows one to see patterns where others see complexity. People strong in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
- Ideation – People strong in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
- Intellection – People strong in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective (not introverted) and appreciate intellectual discussions.
Clifton StrengthsFinder Evaluation Top Five Strengths